Monday, 9 April 2012

The Fifth

Today I submitted the fifth book of the Cassandra Farbanks series - Silent Doll - to Eternal Press and now all I have to do is wait. Waiting is the worst part of writing a book, the waiting to see if its good enough, if its wanted. My favorite bit after writing the book itself is getting the cover art. I love to see the covers for my books and one day, when money and time allows I would like to print them, maybe A4 sized and frame them on my walls because I love them so much. I really loved the last cover, the one for Inhuman Heritage, it was so dramatic. Dawne Dominique - the cover artist I've worked with for the last few years is brilliant, she never minds my scatter brained ideas but always seems to know instinctively what it is I want from my ramblings. Her work has never disappointed me! She also made my bookmarks for my last three releases which were ace.

I've already worked out a little blurb for Silent Doll but that will have to wait I think for another post because I don't want to go doing anything silly like jumping the gun or getting over confident. I also have a werewolf book, along the same sort of lines as Triton Rising that I'm working on at the moment, so that should keep me busy during my long wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment