Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Silent Doll

Well good news. Silent Doll is going to be published by Eternal Press. I haven't the release date yet but I am working on my AIF and got my contract to sign and send off. This is the exciting time when I work out how I'm going to promote and the art work gets created. Then I get hit with the edits which is my least favourite bit but I slog through them knowing once out the other side there will be a book that I can hold in my hands.

I've been working on the blurb- that bit we write on the back of the book to entice readers into buying the book. Here's what I've come up with for Silent Doll...

Life is tough when your learning to control a new array of supernatural powers and your vampiric ex lover is on a no holds barred campaign to lure you back into his arms.

Swearing off men to engage in a journey of self discovery and mending fences is hard when a nasty murder falls at your feet. Cassandra must unravel dark magic and mystery in order to stop another girl losing her heart to this fiend...literally.

But the men in her life won't let her be as well as a living doll named Trinket who desperately needs her help but is unable to tell her why. Is Cassandra strong enough? Or will she too lose her heart, to a man or a murderer?

Please comment and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. First paragraph is perfect. Second one gets a bit confusing. How about something more like

    "Swearing off men, Cassandra embarks on a journey of self-discovery and mending fences until she stumbles over a nasty murder. Now she'll have to unravel dark magic in order to prevent another girl from losing her heart to the killer ... literally."

    Just a suggestion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dani, for your help. I'll be putting the new blurb together for my AIF

      Delete
  2. Dani is right. You've got a good start but the blurb is too wordy and there fore a little confusing. You need to stream line it a bit more making it to the point.

    ReplyDelete