Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Meet A Writer Wednesday Presents...

...Dina Rae






1. What was the first thing you wrote?

Lots of papers for my education, but The Last Degree, my debut novel, is the first piece of fiction I ever wrote. I always thought being a writer would be fun challenge.

2. How do your family feel about you being a writer/author?

They all think it’s great. My only complaint is their computer illiteracy. For instance, if I’m on a blog such as yours they will not go on the blog let alone post a comment because it’s too hard, too time consuming, whatever.

3. Who is your favourite character/s you’ve created? 

 My favourite character is Andel Talistokov, the main character in Halo of the Damned. He’s a fallen angel who runs an advertising empire. He plans on seceding from Hell.

4. Is there anything you particularly like to write about? Is there anything you don’t?

I love horrors and thrillers, especially well-researched. I truly can’t stand romances. Although I read a few for review swaps and surprisingly got into them! Very out of my comfort zone!

5. Have you ever had a dream that to you would make a great book or short story? 

LOL! Yes, I have dreams about where the plot is going when I’m writing a story! Sometimes I wake up and write down some of the ideas.

6. What do you enjoy doing outside of writing? 

 I’m a big conspiracy buff, watch a lot of TV and read a lot of postings about New World Order, secret societies, etc. I love to play tennis and love, love, love dogs!

7. As an author, who and what do you recommend reading? 

My faves, both past and present, are George RR Martin, Dan Brown, Stephen King, Joel Rosenburg, LaHaye and Jenkins, Preston and Childs, Nelson DeMille, Tom Clancy, and John Grisham.

8. What was your favourite book as a child? 

I loved the V.C. Andrews series, Flowers in the Attic.

9. What’s your next project? What do you look forward to in the future? 

I am writing a sequel to Halo of the Damned. So far, I think it is even better than the first one.

10. If one day you are world famous what would you entitle your auto-biography? And would you tell the whole truth? 

95% truth and the title: How to Make Lemonade Out of Lemons

11. What was the last book you read?

 The Twelfth Iman

12. If you could be a superhero what kind of super powers would you have? 


Like most, I would love to fly-scared of heights.

13. Where would you like to go if you had a time machine? 

Go back to Jesus’ time.

14. If you could speak to one kind of animal what would it be?

My dogs.

__________________________________________________________


A chain of advertising agencies, a new breed of humans, and a fallen angel to worship…

Andel Talistokov is known for his slick advertising agencies across the globe. He is a fallen angel that uses advertising as a weapon for Satan's work. His growing power emboldens him to break several of Hell’s Commandments. Furious with his arrogance, Satan commands him to return to Hell after finding his own replacement. Yezidism, an ancient angel worshiping religion, quietly expands throughout the West. Armaros appears as a guest of honor during their ceremonies. He mates with young women to produce nephilim, a mixed race of humans and angels. They are alone and unprepared for their supernatural power. Joanna Easterhouse, a recovering drug addict, steps out of prison shortly after her mother's fatal accident. She and her sister, Kim, unravel their mother's secretive past. Intrigued, they learn their bloodline is part of a celestial legacy. Both worlds collide. Halo of the Damned is a horrifying tale that weaves research together with suspenseful twists and turns.

Excerpt:
Several flies hovered around Andel's ears. Their buzzing sound amplified as hundreds more swarmed into the room.

His eyes watered with the smell of sulfur. A sudden heat wave filled the room. A voice inside his head called him by name, preventing him from hearing the television's broadcast. He recognized the ethereal sound of angelic language. Although he couldn't see anyone in the room, he knew he was not alone. Beelzebub, Satan's First Lieutenant, materialized in his basement. Andel shut the television off and knelt before the altar in complete submission.

“Armaros, he has sent me as his messenger. We seem to have a problem,” Beelzebub thundered in both of their native angelic tongue. He only referred to Andel as Armaros, his celestial name.

BUY LINK

About Dina

Dina Rae is a new author that is here to stay. As a former teacher, she brings an academic element to her work. Her research on the Yezidi religion and love of art inspired her story telling for Halo of the Damned.

Dina lives with her husband, two daughters, and two dogs outside of Chicago. She is an avid reader, tennis player, movie buff, and self-proclaimed expert on conspiracy theories.

dinatosto@sbcglobal.net
www.dinarae.com
www.dinaraeswritestuff.blogspot.com
Twitter: @haloofthedamned

4 comments:

  1. Hello everyone. Great interview. If you could talk to your dog Dina what would you ask him first thing? I know I would ask mine why she is so stubborn? Lol
    Hey on your sequel to Halo, how many of the same characters will still be around for the new book?
    Love this book, good luck!
    Linda Hays-Gibbs
    My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
    Angel in My Heart, Devil in My Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sonnet and Linda and Aaron! Great to be your guest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are everywhere, Dina! I wonder what my dogs would say to me - the pug would probably wonder why I don't feed him more and ask why we got the second dog when he was good enough by himself. :)

    ReplyDelete