Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Meet A Writer Wednesday Presents...

... Linda Hays Gibbs


1. Tell me about your book My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls and where you got your inspiration for it?

I was reading about the last battle with Napoleon and how devastating the loses were on both sides. I thought how I would feel to lose someone I loved in a fight to again stop a tyrant. I just imagined how horrific the battleground would be with all those poor dead soldiers and how they robbed them after they died. It just inspired me to find some good in both sides.

2. Where do you gain your inspiration/ideas from in general?

My inspirations come from my beliefs and my children. I think that we need to always understand what is important in this life. You beliefs and your family are really all you have.

3. When did you first become interested in writing?

I have always wanted to write but never dreamed I would get published.

4. What was the first thing you wrote?

The first thing I wrote was a poem about my crush I had on a schoolmate.

5. Was there ever a time when you nearly gave up on becoming an author?

Several times I decided there was no hope but I kept on trying.

6. How does your family feel about you being a writer/author?

My children have been very supportive. I have a granddaughter that has already written her first book.

7. What advice would you give to someone still trying to become an author?

Read, Read, Read about what you want to write or write what you know.

8. Is there anything that annoys you connected to writing or being a writer?

Promoting is not what you imagine. It is a lot of hard work and many hours spent on the computer.

9. Have you ever based a character on a friend or family member?

Oh, yes, there are so many interesting characters around me. I find that the personality is varied and essential in your story.

10. Who is your favourite character/s you’ve created?

I love Pru and I think everyone else will love her too. She grows up and that is what we all have to do.

11. Pick one of your characters and tell me what they would do in the real world?

I think Pru could make it in the real world because her world was very bad for a long time and she weathered it in stride.

12. What do you enjoy doing outside of writing?

I do Native American geneology research and swim.

13. As an author, who and what do you recommend reading?

I recommend Barbara Metzger, Jo Beverley, and Johanna Lindsey.

14. What was your favourite book as a child?

Pride and Prejudice and White Fang, I loved Jack London,

15. What would you read to your children now or if you had children?

I would read Cat in the Hat and The People

16. What’s your next project?

I am editing Angel in My Heart, Devil in My Soul for November, when it will be launched by Eternal Press also.What do you look forward to in the future? This is turning into an Angel Series and I am already planning the third Angel story. I would love to have all these families come together and their children meet and marry each other.

17. If one day you are world famous what would you entitle your auto-biography? And would you tell the whole truth?

Dumb Luck! Of course I would tell the whole truth, wouldn’t you? LOL

18. If there was a fictional zombie apocalypse, which fictional character would you choose to be your wing man?

Edward and Bella and of course their baby

19. If aliens landed in front of you and, in exchange for anything you desire, offered you any position on their planet, what would you want? 

The sex master of the planet or be in charge of fantasies.

20. If you could be a superhero what kind of super powers would you have?

I would want to fly and have my old figure back with my youth.

21. If you were having a dinner party and could invite four guests, dead or alive, real or fictional, who would you have?

Jesus, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Moses

22. Your about to walk the green mile, what do you have for your last meal?

Rare Filet of Steak, portabella mushrooms, asparagus, and baked potato, chocolate pie, chocolate cake and a gallon of vodka and orange juice.

23. If McDonalds sold hotdogs, could you order a McWeiner and ask them to supersize it with a straight face?

No, I would laugh myself silly

24. Star Trek or Star Wars?

Trekie, Trekie, Trekie to the death

25. If you could secretly observe one person for a day who would it be?

William Shatner

26. If you were stranded on a desert island, what five things would you have with you?

Paper, pen, food, water and pencil in case the pen dried up.

_____________________________________________


My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

At the mercy of the darkness which terrifies her, Pru is alone except for 40,000 dead bodies. She starts screaming with no hope as the black starts to consume her. Suddenly warm strong arms embrace her and she is sheltered from the horror all around. She sleeps until the arms leave her once again alone in the dark and her screaming starts again.

Luckily the dawn is coming and she has not lost her mind entirely before the first burst of light softens the dark. Then the horrors must leave as the day chases them away.

Angel In My Heart, Devil In My Soul

An Angel ignites passion in his heart but can this black Soul ever really love her?

John Monroe had done unspeakable evil in his miserable life. He thought nothing of the order to kill this woman until his eyes feasted on her beauty. He was stunned by his reaction to her.

Rachael dared to dream of a love, nothing could stop. She had to find out if the man in her dreams was real. She would learn to control her strange powers. Sensing evil with her five senses was a curse she lived with until she fell and lost her memory and her heart.

About Linda

Linda D. Hays-Gibbs was born in Mississippi and married at a young age. She has four children; her first died right after birth and it made her appreciate everything else the Lord gave her. She went back to school late in life, graduated with a BA in Anthropology. Linda's always loved Indiana Jones.

She loves to write poetry and jots it down all the time. Her daughter told her to send some to a publisher and her poetry book was published. Her next book was about the turbulent 60's in America. Then she wrote a little book about Druids and magic.

Linda's read a great many Regency Romance novels so My Angel, My Light as Darkness Falls is about that period of time but also has vampires and ghosts. She loves writing and hopes to continue to do it for the rest of her life along with anything she can do for her God and children.


Webpage
http://www.lindahaysgibbs.pbworks.com

Blog
http://www.lindahaysgibbs.blogspot.com

E-mail Address:
lindahaysgibbs@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. what an interesting interview! Sometimes I'm tempted to skip ahead in long interviews, but I found this one intriguing. Thanks Linda and Sonnet for an entertaining ride through Linda's imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sally. I appreciate your support. It is a pleasure and honor to be on Sonnets' blog.
    I want to thank Sonnet too for having me.
    Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    Linda Hays-Gibbs

    ReplyDelete