Monday, 3 June 2013

Meet A Writer Monday Presents...

...Leanna Harrow



1. Tell me about your book A Beautiful Liar and where you got your inspiration for it?

I had an incident with a “catfish” (someone that lies about who they are online) and it gave me the idea for the book. I used a lot of my life’s story as the back story in the book as it makes for a great read. You never know what’s real and what’s fiction!

2. What is usually your first thought in the morning?

Please let me get something done today!

3. You’re given one million pounds/dollars/euros, what would you spend it on?

I would love to start a wish granting program for terminally ill adults. They have many of them for children but not for adults. That’s been my dream since I was involved with one when my mother was dying. It has since had to stop due to not having funding. I think I’d be good at raising funding for such a worthy cause...I talk until they gave me the money so I’d leave lol

4. How would you describe yourself in three words?

Creative, sarcastic, hysterical

5. Do you believe in love at first sight? Have you ever experienced it?


Funny, I have loved before but I have never been “in love”. I have never experienced that “weak in the knees, can’t wait to hear his voice, can’t breathe when he’s around” kind of love. I guess love at first sight could happen. I’m a hopeless romantic and hope that someday I’ll fall “in love”, maybe it will be “at first sight”, that would be awesome!

6. How did you come up with the title for your latest book?

I came up with “A Beautiful Liar” because the man that I met online who was a “catfish” turned out to be a pretty good looking guy and I thought the title was fitting.

7. What are your current projects? 

I am writing a book about a group of female erotic novelists who don’t like a male author in their group and lure him into a situation and a publisher sponsored event and do some pretty gnarly stuff to him...lol

8. What’s your favourite love story? (movie or book)

The Notebook

9. Someday I want to...?

Drive the Autobahn

10. Name one thing that drives you crazy.

Dirty dishes left in the sink over night. I mean seriously? The dishwasher is RIGHT THERE!

________________________________________

Book One of the Maggie West Series

How Many Lies Can One Man Tell?

Maggie West has endured the worst luck: abusive relationships, cheating husbands, an emotionally-destructive mother, a daughter’s bout with cancer, and a slew of last-resort jobs. A natural giver, she loses herself in others to the brink of numbness, isolation, and disillusion. However, when she joins a social network to fight her loneliness, Maggie encounters a beautiful man—who is full of lies. As a game, she allows herself to be willfully deceived, and in the process, gets wrapped into an experience that awakens her mind, body, and sexuality in ways she never imagined possible.


BUY

About Leanna

Leanna Harrow grew up on the Central Coast of California where the beaches were pristine and the sunsets were spectacular. She attended the school of hard knocks as traditional schools had too many rules and regulations. She raised four children who turned out happy, healthy, productive members of society. Each of her children grew up to possess her independent spirit and headstrong ways but are all awesome people.

For all of her love, time, and devotion, Leanna’s children have repaid her with the ultimate gift of grandchildren. They are her favorite past time and at present, she has four of them. Leanna’s sure that the future holds more of them.

Her hobbies include cooking huge meals for her extended family, a good game of billiards every now and then, reading a good book—as well as writing one, writing poems that pop into her head at the most inopportune times, listening to music as many hours a day as possible and people watching, especially men!

Leanna lives in North Carolina and is very single

 http://www.leannaharrow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment