Thursday, 1 August 2013

Happy Birthday To Me - Interview



So as the title suggest it is indeed my birthday today. (Ok this is pre programmed, because I will still be in France, so its not actually my birthday, but it will be when this goes out :P) So I was wondering what could I do to celebrate.

I came to the idea that I would do my own interview. I picked out the most interesting questions from the last two years and have answered them. One for each year. I am now 29 so bare with me its a little long.

Anyway bring on the interview and then presents and cake!



1.    How would you like to be remembered?

Fondly. I hope people think of my fondly. It’s the best I can hope for because I’m a little odd. Ok, more than odd, I’m down right peculiar at time. I either talk too much or not at all and I like things just so. I can infuriate the hell out of people but still most of the time they like me. So yeah fondly is good.

2.    Ninjas or Pirates?

I’d like both. Think about it, Ninja Pirates. Kicking butt on the high seas with the nautical powers and Kung-Fu skills.

3.    What is usually your first thought in the morning?

What? Already? Five more minutes. I was having a really good dream –rolls over-

4.    You’re given one million pounds/dollars/euros, what would you spend it on?

I’d start building my dream house, complete with hidden nooks, secret passages, one of those pictures with the eyehole, ooo and the piece de resistance– a library hidden behind a sliding book case. :)

5.    Would you rather write for children or adults?

I’m definitely more for the adult crowd, or young adult crowd. With kids, below the age of let’s say 13, it’s hard to know what you can and cannot get away with, literary speaking.

6.    Which do you find more embarrassing to write, violence or sex?

Sex but only because certain people *cough* my father *cough* read it and tend to give me this look – like it’s all from experience or something. I mean some is but not all of it. Most it’s just that I have a really good imagination. Most of those close to me don’t care whether I’m violent or not. Lol.

7.    Who would play you in a film about your life?

I think Sara Rue would make a good me. We’re the same basic body type, both brunettes and I think she could pull off my slight strangeness very well.

8.    What are books for?
Losing yourself.


9.    What would you do with 1 million ping pong balls?

Start a street fighter style Ping-Pong tournament. Last man standing wins.

10. Is Elvis really dead?

Of course not, he’s a vampire, living in Louisiana but you have to call him Bubba now. He gets upset when you call him by his old name.

11. Say you’re dead but are a ghost? You can’t be seen, can make objects float and walk through walls. What would you do?

Haunt my friends and compose vaguely obscene limericks with the alphabet refrigerator magnets.

12. If you could choose one person, living or dead, real or fictional to mentor you, who would you chose?

I’d like to be mentored by Richard Castle because I love that series and plus Nathan Fillion. Mmm!

13. If you could go back in time and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?

Never trust a Richard. There is a reason they can shorten their name to Dick.

14. Someday I want to...?

Swim with Dolphins, Ride bareback in the sea and see Machu Pichu.

15. Name one thing that drives you crazy.

Oh ho, I cannot open this can of worms. Because it’s not just one thing. There is a list and eventually when I rule the world, these things will be rectified.

16. Have you ever had a dream that to you would make a great book or short story?

Yeah, like all the time. Even when I’m already writing a story I try to do this thing, I think it’s called Lucid dreaming, where you try to control what you dream about. So if I’m stuck I try to make my dreaming brain work it out for me. It’s about 68% successful.



17. What was your favourite book as a child?

The Fairy Rebel by Lynn Reed Banks. I still have the copy I had as a kid now. It’s a wonderful story.

18. If one day you are world famous what would you entitle your auto-biography? And would you tell the whole truth?

I think I would call it “A Night in Glass Slippers” because if I did become famous, I’m sure there would have to be a fairy godmother involved somewhere. Also I always tell the truth, because it’s less to remember.

19. What was the last book you read?

Blood Price by Tanya Huff. A reviewer said our styles were very similar and I wanted to read her to see if that were true. Needless to say I bought the whole Blood series.

20. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?

I suppose I’d like the trade bodies with a guy for a week, see what the world is like from their point of view. It might help me make my male characters more believable.

21. If aliens landed in front of you and, in exchange for anything you desire, offered you any position on their planet, what would you want?

I imagine this to be a sort of, “only you can save us” kind of deal so I pretty much think I could ask for anything. I suppose a nice place to live and people to run my house while I’m busy doing the job they need of me would be top priority and regular days off.

22. If you could be a superhero what kind of super powers would you have?

My favourite character in X-Men has always been Rogue. I think I’d like her gifts but be able to control it, because then I could have any power I wanted.

23. Where would you like to go if you had a time machine?

Ancient Greece. If any of the myths are to believe it sounds like a lot of fun.

24. If you could speak to one kind of animal what would it be?

Wolves. I like wolves. There is just something very noble and loyal about them.

25. What two fictional characters would you put into a boxing ring and who would win?

I’d like the answer that age old questions of Superman vs Batman. Of course I have no idea who would win, but that’s what makes it fun.

26. You find a genies lamp and are granted three wishes. What would you wish for? *note you cannot wish for more wishes, it’s cheating. ;)

1)    I’d wish for the health and happiness of everyone I love.
2)    I’d wish for an end to third world poverty, famine and disease the world over.
3)    Then I would wish for a notebook in which whatever I write will be granted, because I always reserve the right to make addendums.

 
27. What was the last movie you went to see?

Despicable Me 2. Can’t get that Banana song out of my head. I also want a lipstick tazer.

28. If you could have one piece of technology from a sci-fi film or book what would it be?

I think I would like transporters. I mean if they really worked and were completely safe, then any time I liked I could just jet across the world to see friends I don’t see very often or at all. A close second would be replicators - from Star Trek not SG1.

29. Star Trek or Star Wars?

I am the ultimate geek girl. I like both. That’s right, I said both!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, I am a couple days late in reading this post, but have to say you are awesome. Thank you for taking the time and effort to share with us and making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete