Friday, 23 August 2013

Lost In Translation # 7

Chips, Crisps and Fries

Junk food at its finest. What American's call chips or potato chips, in the UK these are called crisps and there are just tons of varieties and flavours. Salt and Vinegar, Ready Salted, BBQ chicken, Prawn Cocktail, Cheese and Onion, Smokey Bacon, Cheese puffs and Doritos.

What we call chips are these -

Great fat things cooked either in the oven or in the grease of the fish and chip shop. Sadly they no longer come wrapped in newspaper but special paper that won't leave you eating the entertainment section. I am led to believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but American's call these Fries.

Now we do have Fries in this country, but to us they are the crazy anorexic cousin of the chip. French Fries are thin and you buy them in MacDonalds with your sandwich and coke.

1 comment:

  1. And from what I can see your Walkers brand crisps are the same company here that is called Lay's Chips here.