Monday, 23 September 2013

Meet A Writer Monday Presents...

... Laura Dasnoit


1. Tell me about your book Forgotten Legends and where you got your inspiration for it?

Forgotten Legends is set in the present day within the city of Atlanta. Iris Borden considers her life to be of a normal existence until she’s tricked by Death into becoming a soul collector.

My inspiration is two fold – I’m a big fan of the Avengers movies, especially Thor and I wanted

2. How would you like to be remembered?

As the girl who could hang up sheetrock, kill a man with her bare hands, and knew how to beat a wrestler with a chair.

3. Ninjas or Pirates?

Pirates! No explanation necessary.

4. What is usually your first thought in the morning?

“Where did that dream come from?” It’s always followed by a zombie shuffle to the shower.

5. Are you mostly a clean or messy person?

Is this before or after I watch an episode of “Hoarders”?

6. How would you describe yourself in three words?

Adventurous, imaginative, and positive.

7. What is the most demeaning/demoralising thing ever said about you as a writer?

An agent once responded that I disappointed her in not captivating her as much as she wanted. I think it was demeaning in the fact that she used the word disappointed. It took me everything I had not to respond that she had to know me in order to be disappointed by me.

8. Which do you find more embarrassing to write, violence or sex?

I’m a big prude. If I ever had to write a romance, I’d entitle it “Fade to Black” and that’s all the pages would be…black.

9. What would you do with 1 million ping pong balls?

I’d drive my dog insane.

10. Is Elvis really dead?

I believe so. I don’t think he’d be working for the FBI in his 70’s.

11. What is your favourite quote?

“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” - Benjamin Franklin

12. What three things would you save from a fire at your house? (assume that all your family get out safe.)

Oh good, I don’t have to choose which family members I’d save. That would be awkward.

1) John Dryden (1721) book.
2) Collection of Edgar Allen Poe (1894)
3) Thor comic books.

13. What are your current projects?

I’m writing a YA series set in a steam punk world filled with pirates, ninjas, gnomes and a bit of magic.

14. When did you first consider yourself a writer?

The moment my book was accepted to be published.

15. If you could have an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be?

Books! (Preferably antique)

16. Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcovers?


I prefer hardcovers on my shelves, but I do love the ease and smell of paperbacks

_____________________________



Within the confides of Atlanta, Iris works as a private investigator, has her own team, and even partners up with the police. When Death tricks her into being his only human soul collector, Iris finds her world in a doozy of a mess.
Thanks to the efforts of her client, Iris meets Kaul, a man who knows more about her life than he should. Between his mysterious nature, learning the tricks of the trade in soul collecting and her clients, Iris must learn to balance the two realms of reality and the paranormal.

It is during these attempts at keeping her life level that she discovers the secret of why fate weaved her into a collector


BUY

About Laura

Laura started writing at a young age when she discovered it was an outlet for her crazy imagination. Since then, she has worked as a private investigator and even hit the ring as a professional wrestler. Though she'll forever have her heart in Atlanta, she now lives in New Hampshire with her beau, four legged son, and Ned the newt.

When she's not working on her latest story, you can find her in a comic book store, watching ghost stories, or indulging in her unhealthy habit of antique book collecting.


No comments:

Post a Comment