Monday, 7 October 2013

Meet A Writer Monday Presents...

... Leanna Harrow



1. Tell me about your book Maggie’s Men-Book 2 of the Maggie West Series and where you got your inspiration for it?

It’s the continuation of A Beautiful Liar and picks up with Maggie coming home from meeting her “catfish” in Rome. After her disastrous trip, she meets a much younger man and then the man of her dreams...or so she thinks....There are many more tests of faith and courage in store for Maggie and the third and final book in the series, Maggie’s Misery, will be available in November of this year. Maggie’s Misery has more than even Maggie could imagine happening to her even though she’s already been through pretty much everything awful in life.

2. What is usually your first thought in the morning?

I’m still hurting so I’m alive. lol I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and not a day goes by that I don’t have pain...so it’s always a good thing when I wake up and think “I’m hurting”. That means I’m still alive!

3. You’re given one million pounds/dollars/euros, what would you spend it on? 


Given? Wow...tax free? Wow...I would buy a little house and economical car. I don’t need a lot of “things.”

4. Which do you find more embarrassing to write, violence or sex? 

I don’t get embarrassed writing anything...I mean, ‘comon...have you met me? lol

5. What would you do with 1 million ping pong balls?

Drop them on the White House lawn...each would have an idea on it how to better our country...awesome, I know.

6. Do you believe in love at first sight? Have you ever experienced it?

I have loved but never been in love so....NO! lol

7. What are your current projects?

I’m trying to finish my part in an anthology for a bestselling author...talk about pressure!

8. If you could chose one person, living or dead, real or fictional to mentor you, who would you chose?

Johnny Depp...He’s an awesome actor and not too hard on the eyes! Yes, I have a serious crush on him...lol

9. What’s your favourite love story? (movie or book)


The Notebook, because if love really does exist...I would imagine it would be a lot like that.

10. Someday I want to...? 

Jump out of a perfectly good airplane!

11. Name one thing that drives you crazy.

Dirty dishes left in the sink overnight...OMG...really? My kids are all grown and still do it!

12. If you had your own talk show, who would the first three guests be?

Johnny Depp...that was easy, Mariska Hargatay...I have a crush on her too ;) and President Obama...I have ideas for him!

13. If you gave one of your characters the opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?

Maggie West would say to all the “victims” of the world that you are NOT victims...you are “SURVIVORS” so act like it!

__________________________________

So many men...So little time.

Maggie West has a knack for attracting trouble, but this time she's attracted the perfect man. The love is instant, powerful, and unprecedented for Maggie, but it's not without roadblocks. As the saying goes: ‘when it rains, it pours’. Maggie has to fend off two other interested men while pursuing Mr. Perfect. Not only that, but a sudden cancer diagnosis is sure to complicate things. As things steam up with her love life, she must keep it all together or risk losing it all…

Excerpt:



“He must have been heartbroken losing a beautiful, lovely, and spirited woman like you,” Christian said.
Maggie laughed and looked out the window. She wanted to laugh hysterically. Her? Beautiful, lovely, and spirited? She sat there and thought about it for a minute. She was all of those things, wasn’t she? She had heard it before, numerous times before. So, why didn’t she believe it? Why didn’t she see what other people so obviously saw in her? Why did she have such a low opinion of herself? How did she let herself get so beat down? Here was an absolutely stunning man telling her that she was beautiful, lovely, and spirited, and she just laughed at him. What the hell was wrong with her?
            “Was that just nervous laughter, Maggie?” Christian asked.
            “I guess it was,” she lied. “I’ve never had a gorgeous man tell me that I’m all that,” she lied, again. What was with her? What was with the lying? She decided to come clean. She had told him everything else about her entire life, including the fact that she had participated in sex on camera, so she figured she could tell him this truth, too.
            “I guess I’ve just always suffered from extremely low self esteem,” she stated. “Like I told you, I’ve have had a rough life. I have been abused by just about everyone I have ever come into contact with, and I have taken it all of my life. Taken it and settled all of my life,” she said as she looked out the window, determined not to break her promise to herself of never letting another man see her cry.
            “Listen, sweetie,” Christian said as he took her hand in his. “I could tell from the moment you stammered your name when I said hello to you that you were somewhat damaged. We all have some damage in some way or another. People have used and abused me for most of my life. I choose not to let it define me. I could do a lot to help you see yourself for the beautiful, strong, brilliant woman you are, if you’ll only let me.”

BUY

About Leanna
(In her own words)


I grew up on the Central Coast of California where the beaches were pristine and the sunsets, spectacular. I attended the school of hard knocks as traditional schools had too many rules and regulations for me.

I raised four children that turned out to be happy, healthy, productive members of society. Each of my children grew up to possess my independent spirit and headstrong ways but are all, awesome people.

I believe that a smile is the best accessory I can wear. I believe that random acts of kindness can change the world and do them every chance I get.

My hobbies include cooking huge meals for my extended family, a good game of billiards every now and then, reading a good book as well as writing one and listening to music as many hours a day as possible.

I live somewhere in North Carolina and am VERY single!




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me Sonnet...You're a doll face ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also raised 4 kids, and I consider them to be my best friends, after my husband. I hope someday I can stop working multiple low-paying jobs so I can go back to cooking and baking. I know my family misses it, but when I'm out of the house more than I'm in it, I do have to work in some time to sleep!

    I agree with your character, Leanna. We are all damaged by the things we experience. But we can also choose whether or not that stops us from pursuing happiness, or provides an impetus to "show the world" what we're made of. Good luck with your interesting trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview Leanna
    Love to hear about your exciting new books. I can't wait to read them all.
    Love ya
    Linda

    ReplyDelete