Monday, 14 October 2013

Meet A Writer Monday Presents...

...Stephanie Wheatley



1.     Tell me about your book, Love, Lust, Deception, and where you got your inspiration for it?

This is an enchanting story where we become lost in a world of mistakes, regrets, deception and of a man’s undying love for a woman who he could not save.  Love, Lust, Deception is actually a sequel. However that being said the first book The Pirate and the Wench isn’t important to read to enjoy Love, Lust, Deception. The Pirate and the Wench was published by another publisher who obviously I was not happy with hence the reason that I have joined the family at Eternal Press.

2.     Who has had the most influence in your life?

My husband. If it wasn’t for him I would not be sitting here doing this interview with you. I never pictured myself as a writer let alone a published author.

3.     Ninjas or Pirates?

That is simple, my first book ‘The Pirate and the Wench, and my second novel ‘Love, Lust & Deception’ which is the sequel are about a Pirate my choice would definitely be Pirates.

* Spoiler I am currently working on the third to the series.

4.     Do I have a writing process?

No, I should probably work on my writing that what I have been lately. However, I only write when something comes to mind which at times comes at the hours between 2:30 and 3:00 am. Because of this I tend to have a note pad and pen/pencil on my night table so that I can write down what ever ideas come to me. If I don’t write these ideas down I will not be able to go back to bed; which really sucks when you have to get up at 5 am for work.  I also to write when no one is home.

5.     How would you describe yourself in three words?

Shy, mischievous, kind-hearted.

6.     Are the names of characters in your novels important? 

Lol, in my first book ‘The Pirate and the Wench’ my characters don’t actually have names expect for the occasional time. It wasn’t until I started ‘Love, Lust & Deception’ that I actually starting using their names. 
Mitch – the captain.
Cole – the captain’s first mate.
Felicity – Flower, Precious.



7.     What are the most important attributers to staying sane as a writer?

I never force myself to write. If I don’t have the urge or in the right frame of mind to write I will simply walk away and leave it for another day. Unfortunately this can cause me to take longer to write some times but I have discovered that if I force myself to work when I actually have the urge and I reread what I already have done I normally have to delete what I had last done.  So I am no further ahead by forcing myself. I do have days where I feel guilty for not writing but I know what will happen if I try.

8.     What are books for? 

In my opinion books are the perfect way of escaping today’s reality for a while. If the author is good then he/she can actually make you feel like you are in her/his world instead of the couch, bed, or where ever you might be while you are reading.

9.     What is my favourite book? 

That question is a hard one for I read so many different genres.  However, the first one that comes to mind is Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I actually have this book in print copy and on my E-Reader.

10.  What do I like most about being a writer?

My answer to that question is on much the same line as question 8. I would like to be the kind of author that can make you feel like you are in can escape into the world that I have created where life does not have the issues that exists in our world/society today.

11.  How do you overcome writer’s block?

I spent my time with my husband – he is amazing at putting me back in the mood that is required for my writing. I have occasional settled down on the couch and watch a movie. Even though that does help as much as my husband does lol.

12.  What is your favourite quote? 

That is easy, “Just because you can doesn’t mean that you should” is one that my favourite character in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s characters tends to say quite a few times. I use this quote quite often in my own life.

13.  If you could ask your favourite author on question, who would it be and what you would you ask? 

As you probably can guess by now who my favourite author is Sherrilyn Kenyon.  So what would I ask her, how! How does she do it?  How does she bring her characters alive book after book? How does she keep in her world the entire time you are reading her book which you hate to put down until it is finished and then find yourself lost until her next book becomes available.

14.  Are there any new authors that have grabbed your interest? 

Not sure how knew Karina Halle is but I have found myself instantly lost in her books, (Experiment in Terror series) as well as Natasha Simon, Inlet Lies.

15.  What are your current projects? 

I am currently working on the third book in my pirate series. I can’t give you the title as I keep tossing ideas around. I want a title that will catch your attention like ‘Love, Lust & Deception’ but so far no luck. I have thought maybe, Unrevealed Secrets, but that may change before it is finished.

*Spoiler – Due to the fact that ‘The Pirate and the Wench’ was published by a different publisher and the price they have put on this book I am taking all of the important parts from that book and intertwine them into this third book. Even though you do not read the ‘The Pirate and the Wench’ to understand ‘Love, Lust & Deception’.

16.  When did you first consider yourself a writer? 

It wasn’t until ‘Love, Lust & Deception’ was published that I have finally called myself an author. However, once seeing myself featured into a magazine, Cocktails Fiction and Gossip issue #16. really made me realize what I have actually became, an author.

17.  What is your favourite love story? (Movie or Book). 

a.     My favourite love story books are ‘Gone with the Wind’ and ‘Scarlett’.  Scarlett is a sequel to Gone with the Wind, which most people don’t even know exists.  Although ‘Acheron’ by Sherrilyn Kenyon is up there as well even though some may not consider it a love story.
b.    My favourite love story movie is also a tough choice between ‘The Notebook’ by Nicholas Sparks (every time I watch it I cry and I must have seen it at least 20 times so far).   The other is P.S. I Love You.

18.  Name one thing that drives you crazy. 

This is easy I can’t stand when someone says, “I can’t do that” or “I could never do that”. How does someone know that they can’t if they don’t try, my husband taught me this lesson. This really drives me crazy when it said by the teenagers and children of today’s society. They would rather sit back and let their dreams of success disappear rather than take the chance that they might succeed.

19.  Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcovers? 

If you would have asked me this question before Christmas I would have said paperbacks, which don’t get me wrong I still like paperbacks but since receiving an E-Reader for Christmas I am hooked on it. I still love the feel of a fresh book and that new smell they have to them.  However with an E-Reader you have numerous books at your fingers. The only BIG down fault to a reader is that when the battery dies you have to wait until it is recharged before you can get back into your book. And of course this always happens right in the middle of a good part.

Thank you taking the time to view my interview and hopefully I have sparked your interest enough to pick up my book.

_________________________________



This is an enchanting story where we become lost in a world of mistakes, regrets, deception and of a man’s undying love for a woman who he could not save.

Ten years have past and yet Mitch still continues to search for a way to bring his lost love back. Sadly this plan involves using Felicity, who has falling so deeply in love with him that she has become blinded by all signs of danger. That is until they reach Mitch’s home port where his past has finally caught up with him. His only choice in protecting Felicity is leaving her in the arms of his best friend and first mate Cole.

What started out as a bond of friendship has grown much deeper between Felicity and Cole, and yet neither wanted to see these signs until a stranger opens their eyes. Knowing that these feelings can never develop into anything, they try their hardest to deny these feelings, that is; until Mitch pushes Cole too far. Now they are forced to either suppress these or confront Mitch about them. Only as the story continues we find ourselves asking will Mitch really care what happens between them. Does he really care about Felicity at all?

We come to learn that no one can trust a captain by the name of Mitch.


BUY
About Stephanie
(In her own words)


Let me begin by introducing myself, My name is Stephanie Wheatley and I am the author of ‘Love, Lust & Deception’.  I have a wonderful man who loves me for who I am and between the two of us we have 6 amazing children.  I grew up in a little fishing village just outside of Peggy’s Cove Nova Scotia, with my mom, dad, and sister.  As time went on my mom and dad spilt like a lot of people do now a days.  I now have two more sisters and two brothers to add to my family.  And I love each and every one of them.
 If someone would have told me that I would one day become a published author I would have laughed at them.  I actually did laugh at my husband although he is the one responsible for where I am today.



No comments:

Post a Comment