Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Nanowrimo

So this year I decided to give NaNoWriMo a go. For those of you that don't know what this is I shall explain. National Novel Writing Month is a challenge for writers in which you are to attempt to write 50,000 words (standard novel length) between the 1st and 30th of November. This is what I aimed to do when I picked up my pen.

I've never attempted NaNoWriMo before - for good reason. 50,000 words in 30 days is a hell of a lot. And I'm sad to say that for my first attempt I only managed just over 30,000 in the allotted time period. I'm not upset though, this is still quite a lot for me considering that I have to fit writing in around my other commitments (like a full time job).


The project I started - the first in a trilogy - called A Chance of Rain is definitely a project that I am going to finish even though the month is over but hey I'm already 30,000 words in right. In for a penny in for a pound. I am now estimating that I might finish it by January, Christmas being a busy time for me with birthdays and a wedding and of course Christmas day. I'll be sure though to make sure that I keep readers in the loop via twitter and my facebook. So watch out for a future release.



No comments:

Post a Comment