Monday, 14 July 2014

Meet A Writer Monday Presents...

...Angela Ford


1. Tell me about your book Closure and where you got your inspiration for it?

Closure is a story about an FBI profiler, Special Agent Jessica Resario. She is part of an elite FBI Internet Security Team who tracks Internet Predators. After a series of murders of teenage girls, Jess is certain she’s tracked the next victim and risks her own life to save the girl. Her boss directs her to a safe haven as they believe the killer knows her, he called her by name. Unfortunately for Jess, it’s Vineyard Haven. A small beach town she hadn’t been to since her parents’ murders. Now she must deal with old ghosts, secrets of the past and an inevitable attraction to her boss.

The inspiration for Closure came from my years of volunteering as a School Council Chair and the Cyber Safety Seminars we held along with our local police. The internet is a wonderful tool but it must be used wisely and safely.

2. Is there a message in your novels you want the readers to grasp?

A simple one…Stay Safe Online

There are many cyber safety tips and stories online to help ensure the safety of your children. Your child’s school may also have cyber safety seminars…get involved!

3. Which character speaks the loudest to you? Do any of them clamour to be heard over the rest?

That would be Jess. An agent so compelled to protect adolescents from Internet Predators that she will risk her own life. She never learned to follow protocol and will follow a lead without her team. This time it puts her life into the hands of a serial killer. Jess doesn’t glamour to be heard over the rest. She is strong-willed and fearless since the murders of her parents. She believed for the longest time she had nothing to live for but her work. Now this case sends her on an emotional rollercoaster with a serial killer to catch, old ghosts, secrets and the struggle with her feelings for her boss.

4. How do you deal with brilliant ideas that pop up while you’re writing something else?

This happens constantly! I’m usually writing two or three stories at the same time. I’m usually reading two at the same time too!lol Kindle on the kitchen table and a book near the bath. I’m getting used to all the traffic in my head and the many conversations that take place. I will jot down notes on my laptop, my phone, a piece of paper…depending where I am and what’s with me. I now believe if its popped into my head…it’s not going anywhere lol

5. How do you handle working with an editor without letting pride get in the way?

I remember my first edits…I was horrified! I thought wow! Were there that many errors? But I remember my publisher telling me to breathe and work my way through the edits. The recommendations of changes or moves can make your heart sink a little and you start to wonder if what you wrote was good. But you can’t let pride get in the way. You’re the writer. This is the editor’s expertise. I couldn’t live without my editor and I trust she will find all the errors.

6. What’s next for you?

Closure’s sequel is coming this summer! It’s called Forbidden. Very excited to bring Jess and the team back! I’m also working on three different anthologies this year. Two are coming out in the fall and another at Christmas. I’m finishing up my own Christmas romance this summer as well…a writer is never in the same season!lol In the fall I will finish up a valentine romance I started and I’m working on another romantic suspense for 2015.

7. What advice would you give to someone just starting out?

Perseverance! Never quit. Not when you think you have writer’s block. Not when you receive your edits. Not when you get frustrated with promotions…bad reviews…not as many sales as you’d like. Keep doing what you love to do…write!

8. Do you enjoy giving interviews?


I do! Love meeting new people and love being able to connect with my readers. They make me smile with their reviews…time spent at an event with me…just hearing from them that they’ve enjoyed my books…makes my day!

So now…the next few questions will reveal a little more about me…

9. Sunrises or Sunsets?

Sunsets! Anyone who knows me could answer for me. Love them…they are amazing and each one is unique and special. My favourite time of the day is to watch the sunset…on a beach is the best place. I love the colors of the sky…the reflection on the ocean and the setting beyond the ocean’s edge. It’s peaceful, breathtaking and calming.

10. If you could try out any job for a day (real or fictional) what would you like to try?

This is a fun question! Since I love to write crime fiction…I would love to be a CSI and solve a crime!

11. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?

I would love to be able to play a musical instrument. My kids have amazing talent in this department and mom can’t even whistle lol

12. If you could have only three electrical appliances in your home, what would you have a why? 


As a writer…I’d pick my laptop…my coffee pot and I’d say my tv for my addiction to tv crime fiction

______________________________


An elite FBI task force tracks online predators while they hunt their prey. A series of murders in Presario Heights has forced Special Agent Jessica Resario to follow her gut instinct to save the next victim. Supervisory Special Agent Tom Erickson removes her from the case. The only place to escape the danger is her family beach home. She hadn’t been there since her parents were murdered. The level of intensity climbs higher with her discovery of postcards marked “I Crave You”. Old ghosts, secrets, imminent threats and an inevitable attraction to Tom send her on an emotional roller coaster. If that wasn’t enough, she opens the door to a man she thought was dead. Tom is stabbed and his case files go missing…high emotions put Jess at the killer’s mercy.

Suddenly reality hit her. She let no one in. Brave at work, yet in her personal life, she didn’t have the courage to confess her true feelings to Tom. The murder of her parents ten years before kept her from loving, for fear of losing again. All she had was her work, and her work put her life into the hands of a serial killer.

BUY

About Angela

Angela Ford originates from Nova Scotia…Canada’s Ocean Playground! Her love of the ocean and sunsets are always in her heart and give her inspiration. Her love for words keeps her turning the page. She is never without a book, whether she’s reading or writing. Now residing in Ontario, Angela works in Finance – numbers by day – words by night. Her dedication to volunteer and involvement with cyber safety seminars gave her an Award of Distinction and sparked the idea for her first book Closure – suspense with a dash of romance that hit the best- selling Action/Adventure. Her newest release, Unforgettable Kiss, delivers a romance with a dash of suspense. Between two jobs, being a mom with a home always filled with teenagers and rather interesting stories; she is lucky to have one very patient and understanding man. But it is the furry family members who rule the house – a Puggle, two loveable cats and two unique Guinea Pigs. Every possible quiet moment she finds, she treasures and just writes about the moments to come.



Blog – Romantic Escapeshttp://angelafordauthor. com
 

1 comment: