1. Tell me about your book Crimson Forest and where you got your inspiration for it?
Crimson Forest actually started as a present for a co-worker who had asked me to write her a story about vampires. I politely declined at first because I felt like vampires were everywhere nowadays. She finally pulled my leg and I wrote her a story – not about vampires. Each one of my co-workers ended up being an inspiration for each character. When it was all said and done, I suppose it turned out to be a pretty darn good story – or at least that’s what I hear
2. Do you enjoy giving interviews?
I do enjoy giving interviews! I think they’re a ton of fun and each question is so different from the last.
3. If you were the ruler of the world, what laws would you make?
Hmm…I would have to go with that you can’t be on a phone conversation if someone is waiting on you at a business. I unfortunately deal with that daily and I find it to be one of the rudest acts a person can do to another person. If someone is trying to provide you with great customer service, then you should give it in return.
4. Sunrises or Sunsets?
Sunsets. I’m totally not a morning person.
5. Do you prefer blue or black inked pens?
Black! This is a funny question only because I really do prefer black over blue. I will do whatever I can do to avoid using a blue pen haha.
6. Would you break a law to save a loved one?
Absolutely, and I would give up my life for a loved one too.
7. Would you rather be trampled by one elephant sized mouse or one hundred mice sized elephants?
Can I say neither?! Both sound extremely painful and I’m thinking just seeing either would most likely cause me to fall over and have a heart attack anyways ;)
8. What was your favourite subject at school?
Biology! I actually went to college because I wanted to discover the cure for Cancer. Life kind of hit during that time so I took a break and here I am, doing what I truly love to do.
9. If you could try out any job for a day (real or fictional) what would you like to try?
A police officer. That’s right, please place your hands against the wall….
10. Do you watch horror movies on or from behind the couch?
On the couch, under a blanket, popcorn in hand.
11. What advice would you give to someone just starting out?
DO NOT GIVE UP! EVER! You see, for such a long time, people had little faith that I would ever accomplish writing a book. It may have taken me awhile, but darn it, I did it and the first time I actually held my book in my hand – let’s just say it was the most amazing feeling ever.
12. What’s next for you?
Up next is the sequel titled Crimson Moon which is set to release in March 2015.
13. What sort of Starbuck’s coffee would your characters order? Simple coffee, complicated soy-non-fat-extra-espresso-half-caff-nightmare?
I’m pretty simple honestly. I love a large coffee, 3 shots of vanilla, 4 sugar packets, and bam! Instant awesomeness.
14. What sort of environment do you write in? (e.g. quiet room, a cupboard with headphones on, in a death match with the cat for control of the keyboard)
A very noisy one! If I don’t have noise, I can’t write. So while the kids are watching cartoons, I’m listening to music.
15. If you were trapped in a room with Jonah Hill and the world was about to end, what would you do?
I would probably sit down with him and have a couple laughs. He is one of the truest people I think I’ve ever watched in an interview. He’s very genuine and I like that in people. So if I could have a good laugh before my dying breath, then I’m all set.
16. Have you ever been cow tipping or snipe hunting?
I plead the fifth.
17. If you had to give up one sense which one would you give up and why?
Sound. I couldn’t live without tasting food, seeing my beautiful children, or feeling their loving embraces.
18. What is the strangest thing you’ve believe since you were a child?
Aliens! They’re totally out there. In fact, they’re probably amongst us now. Along with other strange, scary things.
19. What’s your Porn Star name? (To get this you add the name of your first pet to the name of the street on which you lived as a child.)
Pepper Monroe (Nice right?!)
“Something horrible is happening in the Crimson Forest. I need you to promise me you’ll stay away from it.”
Eighteen-year-old Angelina Adams had every intention of taking that advice. She had no desire to disappear into the trees as so many hunters had done. But when her mother is brutally murdered in their home, and the attacker comes for her, she has no choice but the flee into the blood-red woodland that claimed her father’s life years before.
There she meets Nicolai, a handsome, mysterious stranger who vows to protect her from the dark forces bent on destroying her life. But can he be trusted? Is he who he says he is, or will he simply take what he wants fro, her and move on?
Angelina soon realizes that nothing is as it seems in the Crimson Forest, a place where creatures known only to humans through myth and legend fight for love and survival. It’s a world where fairy tales, thrive, nightmares become reality, and some secrets are better left undiscovered.
Christine Gabriel, a diehard Buckeye fan, lives in Ohio with her children who have become her biggest fans and most honest critics. She has learned that compassion and love are her greatest gifts to give to others. Christine loves to connect with her readers on Facebook and on her blog.