Monday, 22 September 2014

Meet A Writer Monday Presents...

... S M Tillson


1. Tell me about your book The Darkened Path and where you got your inspiration for it?

"The Darkened Path" series is a partial biographical work of S.M. Tillson, highlighting the author's life and her journey into the Pagan Path. The inspiration came from my turbulent childhood and the fact I do not see a lot of Pagans willing to open up and bare it all about their lives and their faith.   

2. Do you admire your own work?

Yes, I admire my work, to me it is a vital expression of my deepest self, of which few are allowed to know much about to begin with, so me taking that step was a big thing for me.  

3. What is the most demeaning thing said about you as a writer and how did you bounce back from it?

I have been accused of "Dumping" and I was somewhat annoyed at this because the person was insinuating that we authors are writing trash and no one will read it. I said oh well people don't want to open their mind and embrace something from another person's life and perspective well that's their loss and I will continue writing as I see fit.

4. What was your last dream about?

I dreamed I won $700.00 on a scratch lottery ticket.

5. Sunrises or Sunsets?

Sunsets, I am not a morning person!   

6. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or is it all imagination?

Everything in my current and future work on the current series, is and will be, real life experiences and situations.  

7. What’s next for you?

I am seriously considering a romance featuring a forbidden taboo type of love and relationship that prevails against the odds, somewhat based on a real life situation of mine with a few twists thrown in. I am currently working on the rough draft and gathering ideas and information about some things that will be important to the story.

8. What advice would you give to someone just starting out?

No matter how big and intimidating the competition seems to be, don't give up your passion or your dreams, telling yourself "I can't do this" and allowing yourself to be in a negative mindset, leads to failure and you won’t ever succeed! Write down those little ideas and things that come to you on a flash of inspiration. Listen to your gut and what your instincts tell you it will not lead you astray this will be useful later on! Nothing is accomplished or achieved by sitting there doing nothing while thinking about doing it. Keep writing, do not give up! 

9. What sort of Starbuck’s coffee would your characters order? Simple coffee, complicated soy-non-fat-extra-espresso-half-caff-nightmare?

Double Shot Expresso with cream and sugar.

10. What is the strangest thing you’ve believe since you were a child?

Paranormal and cryptic creatures and incidents such as werewolves, etc. There is so much of our world that we don't understand and so much of it has yet to be explored.     

11. Why did you feel you had to tell this story?

I had a need to express myself inside about a lot of very deep and personal experiences I had as a child and am still experiencing as an adult, there's a lot that people don't know about me as a person and it is very hard to open oneself that deeply and allow the world to see it. The first book I wrote was basically a giant dose of emotional therapy for me and I had a hard time expressing some long repressed emotions and ideas and I felt very liberated when I was done writing that and I actually had the courage to publish it.

12. How did you chose your genre?

I didn't exactly choose a particular set genre. I don't think my books really have a "genre" because they encompass a few different areas of genres, you don't see witchcraft and biography mashed together much right? We live in a world where some faiths and practices are still frowned on and persecuted. I wanted to create my own genre and make it unique and something readers don't see very often.

13. Who is your favourite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I picked up Harry Potter and I was hooked and sucked into this story that mirrored my own childhood and my life in a lot of ways as I imagine so many others were too. J.K Rowling is a huge inspiration to so many people and her personal story is something I look up to and highly respect. She is proof positive that you can change your life from dire circumstances to world renowned fame! 

__________________________________________

The Darkened Path series is my own personal ongoing bio on my life and the situations and experiences I have had and will have, and a journey into my secret world of Eclectic Pagan practices and many of the workings I have done, many of which I have never shared with anyone! Book 2 is currently being written!

BUY

About S. M Tillson


S.M.Tillson is a practicing Pagan with 16 years of practice and continuing study in many aspects of the Faith . She was born in Newport TN, and lives in Morristown, TN. with her son, 4  huge goldfish and a moody black cat named Smokey.   

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheDarkenedPath
Websiter : http://smtillson.webs.com/
Blogs: http://pagansamongus313.blogspot.com/ 

1 comment: