Saturday, 11 July 2015

A Beautiful Send Off

I'm going to get a little personal here, so bear with me readers. Last week my cousin passed away, just a few weeks shy of his thirtieth birthday. He was cremated yesterday in one of the nicest ceremonies I've ever been to. Mark due to birth complication was born with severe multiple sclerosis and was a quadriplegic. Although he never spoke a word, he had a way of always letting you know things. Doctors said he wouldn't live long but he defied them and I believe because he was so loved by his family and was so strong.

What I wanted to share with you was a poem that my aunt read at his funeral. I'm not usually one for poetry but it fit so well and brought a tear to everyone's eye not just my own. Rest In Peace.

Heaven's Very Special Child

A meeting was held quite far from earth,
It's time again for another birth.
Said the Angels to the Lord above,
This special child will need much love.

His progress may seem very slow,
Accomplishments he may not show.
And he'll require extra care,
From all the folks he meets down there.

He may not run or laugh or play,
His thoughts may seem quite far away.
In many ways he won't adapt,
And he'll be known as handicapped.

So let's be careful where he's sent.
We want his life to be content.
Please Lord find the right family who,
Will do a special job for you.

They will not realize right away,
The leading role they're about to play.
But with this child sent from above,
Comes stronger faith and richer love.

And soon they'll know the privilege given
In caring for this gift from Heaven.
Their precious child so meek and mild,
Is Heaven's Very Special Child.

~Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment