Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Dusty Pages Review: Still

I've wanted to try an Angela Ford book for a while so when several came up as free for a day I leaped on the chance. Still is the first one I read.

Although I liked the story, it felt short, even for a short story, it didn't take fifteen minutes to read from end to end. I liked the characters enough that I wished there had been more of it.

However as I was reading something about the main character struck me, it was the premise behind her birth . It was exactly the same as the character Olivia Benson from Law and Order: SVU. She even had the same kind of job. It might purely be coincidence but it made the plot twist later, well, far more obvious to me.

I also got a tiny bit annoyed that in a story that only took me a quarter of an hour that how Brianna found her sister's killer is explained over several paragraphs three times - so I took off a star for each time. I'm going to give one of her longer ones a go, because I like her style very much.

Still gets:



No comments:

Post a Comment