Monday, 4 April 2016

Meet A Writer Monday Presents...

... B Lynn Goodwin




1. Tell me about your book TALENT and where you got your inspiration for it?

The story evolved over several years. Sandee, my protagonist, shared some drama activities from Ms. G’s class in a series of articles for Dramatics Magazine, and she and several of the characters came to life there.

2. Why did you want to write this book?

I wanted to write a book about the people who did high school drama. It’s a team sport for non-athletes in which passions run high and teens can find temporary fame as well as learning to stretch and support others. High school is a microcosm of life’s issues.

3. Do you find your social life hampered by your writing life?

I got married for the first time at age 62 to a two-time widower who I met on … gulp … Craigslist. He’s helped my courage and my self-esteem, and he’s taught me how to schedule time for breaks. He’s the major focus of my current social life and he knows writing time is important to me.

4. How do you feel about public appearances? Do you do them often?

I enjoy public appearances. Years ago, I did them very regularly as part of a group called Improvisation, Inc, which performed on Friday and Saturday nights in San Francisco. Every day that I taught in high school and college I was making a public appearance. And I’ll still go to any bookstore that will allow me to read from my book and answer questions about it.

5. If you were asked to review a fellow author/friends book would you be honest?

I would be both supportive and honest.

6. If all the worlds a stage, where does the audience sit?


Opposite the players, of course. If all the world’s a stage, then we must all be both performers and audience.

7. What is your perfect pizza?

A calorie-free one with lots of sausage, cheese, mushrooms, and a bit of tomato. Did I mention that I write fiction?

8. Are you still learning who you are?

Every day.

9. Glass half full or half empty?


Half full, unless I empty it.

10. Why did you choose to be a writer?


Writing chose me. I found myself thinking in third person, though I often write in first person.

11. Do you believe in ghosts?


Possibly. I believe in the evidence I’ve experienced. To find out what I’m talking about read Talent. “There is more in heaven and earth than is dreamt of in your world, Horatio.” ~~William Shakespeare

_____________________________________________________




Fifteen-and-half-year-old Sandee Mason wants to find her talent, get her driver's license, and stop living in the shadow of her big brother, Bri, who disappeared while serving in Afghanistan. 

Available November 1st

About B. Lynn

B. Lynn Goodwin is the owner of Writer Advice, www.writeradvice.com, which will celebrate its 18th year this October. She is the author of You Want Me to Do WHAT? Journaling for Caregivers, (Tate Publishing) and the author of Talent (Eternal Press) which will be released on November 1, 2015. Her stories and articles have been published in Voices of Caregivers; Hip Mama; Small Press Review; Dramatics Magazine; Friction Literary Journal, Inspire Me Today, several newspapers, additional online sites, and The Sun. She conducts workshops and writes reviews for Story Circle Network, www.storycircle.com.

She’s recently been published in Writing After Retirement: Tips by Successful Retired Writers, Small Miracles from Beyond: Dreams, Visions and Signs that Link Us to the Other Side, True Words, Impressions: the Las Positas Anthology, and the Good Housekeeping blog. She’s currently working on a memoir about getting married for the first time at age 62 to a two-time widower she met on …gulp… Craigslist.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blynn.goodwin

Twitter: @Lgood67334

No comments:

Post a Comment