Wednesday, 6 July 2016

Dusty Pages Review: Thirty Two going on Spinster

Julia Dorning is a spinster, or at least on the road to becoming one. She has no social life, hates her career, and lives in her parent’s basement with her cat, Charlie.
With the arrival of Jared Moody, the new hire at work, Julia’s mundane life is suddenly turned upside down. Her instant (and totally ridiculous) crush on the new guy causes Julia to finally make some long-overdue changes, in hopes to find a life that includes more than baking and hanging out with Charlie.

But when the biggest and most unexpected change comes, will the new and improved Julia be able to overcome it? Or will she go back to her spinster ways?



I picked this book up because the title spoke to me as I myself am set to turn 32 this year with my own HEA far out of reach. I completely empathized with the character as we have a lot in common, boring office job, one cat and a love of baking. I enjoyed the characters though I thought some of the side characters could have been fleshed out a bit more.

I did see Jared's role in the company coming and had my fingers crossed that it wasn't going to be another "secret billionaire" thing that seems to be very popular in the romance genre right now. I mean who doesn't want to fall head over heels with a man who seems ordinary but turns out to be some secret trust fund baby.

Over all it was a very enjoyable book and there looks like there are a few more in this series, so I might have to add them to my massive TBR pile too.

I give it


No comments:

Post a Comment