Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Dusty Pages Review: Clockwork Princess



If the only way to save the world was to destroy what you loved most, would you do it? The clock is ticking. Everyone must choose. Passion. Power. Secrets. Enchantment. Danger closes in around the Shadowhunters in the third and final instalment of the bestselling Infernal Devices trilogy.

The end of this trilogy is bitter sweet. All the villains plans are discovered, laid bare and of course defeated. The truth of Tessa's origins are explained in an amazing "long game" of epic proportions. The depth of her powers shocked even me. The characters all have satisfactory endings in their own ways which ties the series off nicely.

However my favourite part of the book was the very last bit. Almost a short story separate from the trilogy that takes place just before the end of the Mortal Instruments series (in which Tessa makes an appearance at a wedding) where she is reunited with Jem. I won't give anything away about why this meeting is important, I don't like spoilers and I would much rather you read the books than hear it from me. That said, it brought a tear to my eye. A reaction to truly excellent writing. I am said to see it end.

...on to Lady Midnight (sequel series to Mortal Instruments)

I give this




No comments:

Post a Comment