Monday, 1 August 2016

Happy Birthday to Me 2016


So its that time of year again, where I am another year older another year wiser (I hope). Just how old am I anyway? Pfft, its impolite to ask a lady her age lol. But check out below for a bunch of questions I have answered.

1. If you had to live in any fictional verse, which would you choose?

This all depends on whether it’s a book verse or a TV verse. Book verse I’d probably like to live in Harry Potter's world as long as I got to be a wizard and not a muggle. TV I would probably have to go with Firefly again under the conditions that I got to eventually be a member of the Serenity crew.

2. What do you plan to do next?


I am working on several things. I plan to publish the next book in the Cera Raine series in September. I will get back to working on Cassandra as soon as Caliburn get round to releasing the two books they have waiting – then I’ll probably spend some time on the next one in that series. I have planned a new supernatural series of which the first is almost done and a stand-alone fantasy novel idea looks promising.

3. A duck walks into a bar, what does he order?

Quackers! Very big on bar snacks are ducks.

4. How do you motivate yourself to keep writing?

Sometimes I have to remember I do this because I love to write stories. Other times it’s the kind words from a friend or a reader that give me the strength to continue.

5. What in your opinion are the key ingredients in maintaining a good relationship with your readers?

Listening to them. Not forgetting that these are the people that read your work, that support you. I hate it when you contact an author whose work you’ve loved and get either the most generic reply ever or the complete brush off.

6. If all the worlds a stage, where does the audience sit?

The cheap seats.

7. Do you have anyone you go to for advice? In person or Online?

I suffer a great deal from self-doubt and there are several friends (they know who they are) who I turn to when I’m confused, unsure, or frightened about something.


 
8. If you could spend the day with any character from fiction who would it be?

I’d like to spend the day with Harry Dresden. He is by far one of my favourite fictional characters. I’d get to meet all these other interesting people too and I’m pretty sure with his luck, it would be a very memorable day indeed.

9. What is the weirdest thing about you? Are you proud of it?

I like things to be in even numbers. Yes, I suppose it’s a little weird and I can’t say I’m proud of it per say but it’s just part of being me.

10. Glass half full or half empty?

What a lot of people miss with the whole glass half empty half full thing is this: The glass is refillable.

11. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, what would it be?


Supernatural. I have a major thing for Castiel.


12. If you joined the circus what would you perform?

I’d like to be the fortune teller. All dressed up like a gypsy, staring into a crystal ball telling young ladies about the tall handsome stranger about to enter their lives.

13. If you had the chance for a do over in life, what would you do differently?

I think maybe I might take more chances. I’m quite a reserved person in unfamiliar situations and tend to talk myself out of doing lots of things.

14. Why did you choose to be a writer?

I know it’s corny but I didn’t chose it, it chose me. My head just makes up these elaborate fantasies that I share with other people through my books.

15. Do you believe in ghosts?

Not entirely sure. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I think yes they do and other times I tell myself its gut rot and my over active imagination.

16. If you were forced to open a bakery, what would you name it?

Just Desserts. Everyone would get the pastry they deserve.

I hope you enjoyed my traditional birthday Q & A. If you would like to submit a question for next year, please email it to me at sonnetodell@hotmail.com



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birth Day to you.
    Happy Birth Day to you.
    Happy Birth Day dear Sonnet.
    Happy Birth Day to you.
    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete