Monday, 12 September 2016

Top Five Book Tattoo's

There is nothing I love more than a good book. Just the image of books, whether piled or neatly sitting on a shelf is pleasing to the eye, so its not surprising that many people have chosen to take their love of books and reading to the next level - Body Art.

I myself have a tattoo, not of books, but I understand the desire to mark your body with something that can be a constant reminder of something beautiful or a special moment in your life or a passion. So I scoured the web looking for the best tattoos of books people had inked onto their skin. Here is what I consider my top five.

5.
I've seen several different versions of this tattoo showing more and different signs, including ones to Narnia, Panem and Never-land.

4.
I like the idea here with the books turning into birds and flying off into the world. It doesn't get higher up on my list because its very simplistic and one tone.

3.
This one with the pages floating up and the almost magical pinkish aura around it is something I can imagine doing myself. Its small but detailed.

2.
A much larger tattoo with the same theme of something floating away in this case its letters. I keep trying to see if there is any pattern to them. If it were me, I would have it secretly spell a word - something meaningful to me.

1.
This is my number one choice. Though I am not usually a fan of tattoos that stretch out like this, I love the way this one has been done. It does look a little bit more like a diary than a book but I love the artists use of colour.

In another post I might look at tattoo that depict specific books, so keep an eye out of that. Do you agree or disagree with my top five? Do you have a book tattoo of your own that you would like to share? Hit up the comments section below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment