Saturday, 17 September 2016

When it Rains, it Pours Teaser 2

Second Teasers up folks!



“Remind me again why I’m paying you to drink booze and scare my customers.”

Cera took a long scan of the room. Since the closing of the Silver Dragon, the premiere night club on the strip, more business that filtered back to Gen. However it was hardly packed.

“To be fair you ain’t paying me much.” Gen shot her a dirty look. “Fine, its absolutely because you like the way my ass looks in this dress.”

“I prefer the way it looks out of it.”

“Hit me again,” she said and tapped the shot glass on the counter. Gen poured her a generous shot and leaned on his elbows.

“Are you not getting any? I could give you some. Ease that frustration.” Cera downed the shot.

“You’re all about the giving.” He reached out his hand and cupped her shoulder, his face serious.

“I like to help the needy.”

“Fuck you.”

“That’s the suggestion.” He poured another shot into a clean glass. “Table Four.”

___________________________________________


A new case brings new problems for Agent Nicholas Grafton and Cera Raine. A criminal element is breaking into high end homes stealing very specific works of art, using a computer program that points the finger at Cera.

Cera is determined to prove herself innocent by running down those behind the thefts on her own. A decision that will only land her in more trouble.

With secrets ready to be exposed on every side, can Cera and Grafton come out stronger? Or will they drown, for when it rains, it pours.

1 comment: