Sunday, 18 September 2016

When it Rains, it Pours Teaser 3

My third and final teaser from my new release When it Rains, it Pours. Scroll to the bottom of the page for your chance to win a PDF copy of both A Chance of Rain and When it Rains, it Pours!



Cera shut the door leaning her back against it and crossed her arms.

“He’s my boss. You boys play nice.” Ronaldo’s whole posture changed, his shoulders slump and his limbs hung limp.

“Damn, they got to you. What kind of cop are you?” Ronaldo gave Grafton good eye contact but he was wary.

“I’m an agent.”

Ronaldo cussed and put the two bottles down on the sand. He crossed his arms.

“What is it you think I’ve done this time?”

“You know pretty much everything we think you’ve done, you’ve done, so let’s cut out all the crap and you tell me about the Robertson.”

“No, no, no pal. It ain’t that easy. I got my respect to hang on to. Tell you what, I’ll play you for it.” He pulled a pack of cards from his pocket. Grafton was sceptical about the arrangement.

“I play you at cards and you’ll answer my questions.”

“You play me and if you win, you can ask a question. If you lose, you got to take a slug o firewater.” Grafton eyed the booze. His confidence vanished. “It’s that or I’m walking. Cera can’t stop me if I really want to go.” Grafton looked around the other man.

“It’s true. It’s like trying to wrangle a ferret. You got to do it his way.” Grafton sighed.

“Alright. What’s the game?”
___________________________________________

A new case brings new problems for Agent Nicholas Grafton and Cera Raine. A criminal element is breaking into high end homes stealing very specific works of art, using a computer program that points the finger at Cera.

Cera is determined to prove herself innocent by running down those behind the thefts on her own. A decision that will only land her in more trouble.

With secrets ready to be exposed on every side, can Cera and Grafton come out stronger? Or will they drown, for when it rains, it pours.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KTPGZOU 

Chance to Win

If you would like to win a PDF copy of the first two books in the Cera Raine series, all you have to do is leave a comment with your answer to the following question and your email.

What is the name of the play by Shakespeare that shares the name of its lead character with Cera Raine's home planet?

Winner will be chosen at random and announced on Friday  23rd September.

1 comment: