Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Dusty Pages Review: The Forgetting Time

Noah is four and wants to go home. The only trouble is he's already there.

Noah is a little boy who knows things he shouldn't and remembers things he should have forgotten. Because as well as being a four-year-old called Noah, he remembers being a nine-year-old called Tommy. He remembers his house. His family.  His mother. And now he wants to go home.Two boys. Two mothers. One unforgettable story . . .

I picked this book after someone in one of my FB groups suggested it as a good read. However I was not as thrilled with as she. Its an interesting book that when everything is all boiled down is about reincarnation. The beginning is a bit drawn out where we are introduced to the two main adult characters separate to the child that brings them together to create the story.

Although the blurb talks about two mothers, the second really doesn't come into it until almost the last third of the book. There are also a lot of case studies that break up the book, but I have no idea whether they are real or imagined for the sake of the book.

This book put me in rather a morbid mood and I had trouble sleeping after. It could be a good movie is they downplayed the science & facts and focused more on the story of Noah and what he remembers.

I give it



No comments:

Post a Comment