Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Dusty Pages Review: Eeeny Meeny

The girl emerged from the woods, barely alive. Her story was beyond belief. But it was true. Every dreadful word of it.
Days later, another desperate escapee is found - and a pattern is emerging. Pairs of victims are being abducted, imprisoned then faced with a terrible choice: kill or be killed.
Would you rather lose your life or lose your mind?
Detective Inspector Helen Grace has faced down her own demons on her rise to the top. As she leads the investigation to hunt down this unseen monster, she learns that it may be the survivors - living calling cards - who hold the key to the case.
And unless she succeeds, more innocents will die . . .

 This was a really gripping book and it had me guessing at the killer right up till the revelation. There were parts of the story that were like the diary entries of a young girl, that you knew had to be related to the killer but they were done so well that it didn't give away who that person was.

It took me right till the end of the book to understand D. I Grace but once I did, I was more sympathetic towards her. I found I was invested in each member of the team as they tried to solve the case and part of the ending made me very sad indeed - which is all I can say without giving anything away.

I could easily imagine this a television drama and considering that the author has written scripts for things like Silent Witness then its not hard to see why. I have the rest of the books in this series sitting on my shelf and will definitely be reading them in the near future.

I give it




No comments:

Post a Comment