Wednesday, 22 February 2017

Dusty Pages Review: The Painted Dragon



When a priceless painting is stolen, our dauntless heroines Sophie and Lil find themselves faced with forgery, trickery and deceit on all sides!

Be amazed as the brave duo pit their wits against this perilous puzzle! Marvel at their cunning plan to unmask the villain and prove themselves detectives to be reckoned with – no matter what dangers lie ahead . . .

It’s their most perilous adventure yet!


I really enjoyed returning to the world of Sophie and Lil, and of course Sinclair's department store. It was great to have a new mystery but all the old gang back together to solve it. Sophie and Lil's gang of friends traverses social groups which makes some of their grand plans possible. It was a very quick read for me, because I couldn't put it down.

This is the third book in this series, with a fourth due out in October (-pouts- I want it now) and there are still a thousand unanswered questions. I want to learn more about the mysterious Baron - the recurring bad guy of the piece, like Moriarty to Holmes, and what his connection to Sophie is. We get a little more in this book but its nagging at my brain. Sophie needs to get off her butt and do some detecting. I moan because I care. ~ sigh

The only problem I had with the book is the changed the spine (grumbles) and now my three books don't match. Of course this isn't the authors fault. It was just something I noticed because its one of my pet peeves.

I still give it



No comments:

Post a Comment