Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Dusty Pages Review: All the Little Liars


Librarian Aurora Teagarden is basking in the news of her pregnancy when disaster strikes her small town: four children, including her fifteen-year-old brother, Philip, have vanished from the school football field. What's even more worrisome is the dead body found at their last known location.
While the local police comb the county for the missing children, Aurora and her new husband, true crime writer Robin Crusoe, begin their own investigation. Could the two incidents have something to do with a group of school bullies? Are Aurora's father's gambling debts related to the disappearance of her brother? Or could it be that Philip himself, new to town and relatively unknown, is the one responsible?
With Christmas approaching, Aurora is determined to find her brother . . . if he's still alive.

I have been waiting for this book for a long time. I loved the Aurora Teagarden Series when I first got my hands on it and the fact that it never really seemed to be rounded off left fans like me speculating on whether it would continue. When I heard this was coming out I couldn't have been more excited.

It was wonderful to be back in her world with all the old characters that I loved but one was noticeably absent (Arthur Smith - currently in the midnight Texas series) which confirms that all the series have been tenuously connected - though no realistic mention of vampires or shifters in this one.

I was a little disappointed that the covers had changed again, this is a pet peeve of mine. I do like when all the books on the shelf match. The only other thing that I found a bit of a let down was how I was able to guess what had happened fairly early on in the book and was waiting for Aurora to catch up. However I am intensely happy to see this story continuing. Hopefully Ms Harris will bring it to a proper conclusion this time, though I hope that is several books in the future. I have already put the next title on my wish list

I give it




No comments:

Post a Comment