Wednesday, 8 March 2017

Dusty Pages Review: Speed Dating with the Dead

When Digger Wilson brings his paranormal team Spirit Seekers International to the White Horse Inn, he is skeptical that his dead wife will keep her half of the bargain. He doesn’t believe in ghosts, and just before she died, she promised to meet him there.

But when one of the conference guests channels a mysterious presence and an Ouija board spells out a pet phrase known only to Digger and his wife, his convictions are challenged.

And when guests start to disappear, Digger and his daughter Kendra must face the circle of demons that view the hotel as their personal playground. Because soon the inn will be closing for good, angels can’t be trusted, and demons don’t like to play alone . . .


This is one of the many books on my Kindle where I can't remember where I heard about it or why I purchased it (although according to my Amazon, I purchased it in 2012 lol.). I was just scanning through my to be read folder and thought I would give it a go.

The premise and setting are great. You get a real feel for the location and the characters from the Take no prisoners ball busting manager to the crew of paranormal investigators and psychics that are taking over the hotel for the weekend. The fact that it was based on real events gave it a great deal of realism and credibility. Classed as horror, this story didn't really scare me but it was still an enjoyable tale of creepy going on.

I found myself relating most to Kendra. She's an over imaginative teen with a difficult relationship with her father who spends a great deal of time immersed in her own worlds she creates in her art. I kept hoping for a little more between her and Cody but the ghosts ruined the mood.

The only trouble I had with this book, that rates it a star less than the max for me, if the fact that I was left just a tiny bit confused with some heavy questions that the narrative didn't explain clear enough to me. Such questions of what really happened to the missing Margaret and why? Why were so many of the ghosts children? and most importantly it is hinted that there is something about Kendra that she doesn't know and nothing more is revealed on that front - or if it was, I didn't get it.
So I give it



No comments:

Post a Comment