Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Dusty Pages Review: Night Shift

At Midnight's local pawnshop, weapons are flying off the shelves-only to be used in sudden and dramatic suicides right at the main crossroads in town.
Who better to figure out why blood is being spilled than the vampire Lemuel, who, while translating mysterious texts, discovers what makes Midnight the town it is. There's a reason why witches and werewolves, killers and psychics, have been drawn to this place.
And now they must come together to stop the bloodshed in the heart of Midnight. For if all hell breaks loose-which just might happen-it will put the secretive town on the map, where no one wants it to be...

As the final installment in Ms. Harris Midnight Texas Trilogy, I have to say its a great read. I found that the story of this book was stronger than the previous two. I was more engaged with the characters and was pleased to see a certain pair of them finally get their act together & working on their HEA.

However, as Ms. Harris has said herself, there is a door or two left open, just encase she wants to come back to this series like she has done with her Aurora Teagarden mysteries. I think there is still plenty left to explore with this series, and several character left floating. One in particular, a transfer from the Sookie Stackhouse books - John Quinn (weretiger). I would love him to finally get to have everything he deserves.

One of the characters in this book (and in the previous two) who stole the show for me was Mr. Snuggly. There were moments when I laughed out loud because of him. If she does return with a fourth installment I will most certainly be buying it.

I give it




No comments:

Post a Comment