Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Dusty Pages Review: Library of Souls


Time is running out for the Peculiar Children. With a dangerous madman on the loose, and their beloved Miss Peregrine still in danger, it's up to Jacob Portman to channel his newfound abilities and defeat Caul before he loses his friends--and their world--forever. This action-packed adventure features all-new Peculiar photographs from times and places all over the world.

Out of the three books this is the best one. The final battle between the peculiar children and the wights. There is a wonderful amount of action in this book rather than a whole lot of wandering around and not really getting anywhere. We see Jacob come into his own in this book and learning the full extent of his peculiar abilities.

I also like the ending though it left me thinking there might be the possibility of further adventures but I was pleased to see that things between Jacob and Emma had a happy ending. I was in doubt there for the minute but this being a teen read, there usually is a happy ending even if its take a little time to get there.

The thing I did find after reading all three of these books is how very different it is from the movie that I saw first and inspired me to read the books. The movie now looks to me like a typical Hollywood spin, washing out some of the best bits of the story and making it very childish. If you did enjoy the movie, I highly recommend the books for a much grittier experience but be warned you may become as disenchanted with the movie as I have.

I give it



No comments:

Post a Comment