Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Dusty Pages Review: The One

How far would you go to find THE ONE?
One simple mouth swab is all it takes. A quick DNA test to find your perfect partner – the one you’re genetically made for.
A decade after scientists discover everyone has a gene they share with just one other person, millions have taken the test, desperate to find true love. Now, five more people meet their Match. But even soul mates have secrets. And some are more shocking – and deadlier – than others...


 This is a brilliant book. I was recommended it by a friend and now recommend it myself. Imagine that one cheek swab could find you that one person in the world truly meant for you. It reminds me of the split soul theory (in which soul mates are connected by the fact that they each have half of the same spirit) but done in a very scientific way with having a gene that connects two people. You have to however imagine the complications, what if you or they are all ready with someone, married or turn out to be the same sex as you.

This is what this book explores. Its a P.O.V switcher but each switch is clearly established by the characters name as the beginning of each chapter (much like in the GOT books). The narrative follows five people who took the test and how it dramatically impacts their lives, not always for the better. My favourite couple was Christopher and Amy for they were the most unlikely pairing and I was on tender hooks to work out whether they would work out or not - I was laughing inside too for reasons that you will have to read the book to find out - I don't do spoilers if I can help it.

Its a very enjoyable read and has a little bit of everything thrown in so it'll suit most readers.

I give it



No comments:

Post a Comment