...Sheri Poe Pape
1. Tell me about your book Cassie’s Marvelous Music Lessons and where you got your inspiration for it?
My first Award-winning children's book is called "Cassie's Marvelous Music Lessons." It is about a dog who thinks they can teach piano better than their human counterpart. The sequel that is coming out is called "Cassie Pup Takes the Cake?" It is about competition between Cassie and a cat. My inspiration for the books came from my own Cassie, a white miniature Schnauzer.
2. Have you ever danced in the rain?
3. If you could have one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
4. Mountains or the beach?
5. How important to you view maintaining your twitter account?
6. What is your best childhood memory?
Being with my grandma who lived a block away during the summer.
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
Exeter, Devon, England My ancestors are from there.
8. If you could bring one musician back from the dead, who would it be and why?
Davy Jones. I was an acquaintance of his.
9. If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future?
10. What makes you cry?
In this delightful story, Cassie is welcomed to a new home filled with music, but when Mrs. Applebaum doesn't seem to understand what Cassie is saying, or how talented she is, the happy little dog becomes an unhappy little dog.
Fortunately, with a good ear and a kind heart, Mrs. Applebaum finds the perfect solution to Cassie's problem proving once again that music is the universal language.
Sheri Poe-Pape has written many internet articles about people in the arts and history and has been the Director/Educator of the Pape Conservatory of Music for the past thirty-eight years. She is the author of two children’s picture books, Cassie’s Marvelous Music Lessons and Cassie Pup takes the Cake ?? Each day, she warms up on the piano, and for fifteen of those years, a small dog has been her constant companion