...Sheri Poe Pape
1. Tell me about your book, Cassie Pup Takes the Cake, and where you got your inspiration for it?
Cassie Pup Takes the Cake is about Cassie, a white miniature schnauzer, who is adopted into a new home, with a new owner who owns a bakery, who quickly signs her up for a cupcake bake-off with national cupcake champion, Cordelia Cat. Sparks fly from the beginning between the two, along with crazy fun and unexpected endings.
This current book will be part of a series and is based off the real-life adventures of our own dog, Cassie.
2. Have you ever danced in the rain?
Yes I have danced in the rain. Many moons ago.
3. What is the longest you’ve gone without writing?
I have gone a week without doing any writing.
4. Mountains or the Beach?
I have always preferred the beach.
5. You’ve just been kidnapped and the people from the last TV Show/Movie you watched have to save you. Who is it?
The knights in shining armor to the rescue are the Monkees.
6. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I would travel to my one ancestor’s home of Exeter, Devon, England, to experience where my family came from.
7. What feels like love to you?
Love to me is respect, faithfulness and devotion.
8. If you could bring one musician back from the dead, who would it be and why?
Davy Jones of the Monkees. He was my favorite Monkee, an acquaintance of mine and a very nice guy to know.
9. In what ways do you hold yourself back?
By not writing more!
10. If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future?
I would go to the past, specifically Victorian England to solve the Jack the Ripper case.
11. What motivates you to succeed as a writer?
For now, to keep the memory of Cassie alive by all the books I write about her. She was ultimate unique and so human!
12. What makes you cry?
Cruelty to animals and humanity.
13. What genre do you write in and what draws you into this genre?
I write in the children’s book genre because, although I am an adult, I have the spirit of the child still in me and I enjoy these stories to write and read.
14. Do you let a book stew – leave it for a month and then come back to it to edit?
Yes I do, but for a week at a time.
15. Do you think the cover plays an important part in the buying process?
Yes, it definitely does. This current children’s book is colorfully illustrated.
Cassie has a new home, and a new owner with a bakery, who quickly signs her up for a cupcake bake-off with national cupcake champion, Cordelia Cat. Sparks fly from the beginning between the two, along with crazy fun and unexpected endings. Who do you think will win?
Sheri Poe-Pape has written many internet articles about people in the arts and history and has been the Director/Educator of the Pape Conservatory of Music for the past thirty-eight years. She is the author of two children’s picture books, Cassie’s Marvelous Music Lessons and Cassie Pup takes the Cake?? Each day, she warms up on the piano, and for fifteen of those years, a small dog has been her constant companion
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Website | Facebook | Twitter